There is no such a student who has never been assigned to write a college satire essay when getting education. I am not an exception! Despite the fact that I have never had serious problems with academic writing before and I have a great sense of humor, I must admit that the satirical essay turned out not as easy as ABC. It wasn't much fun-I had to pull an all-nighter to choose a favorite topic on some social issues that would be interesting to most people in America; search for the relevant information everywhere, including media; find good examples, and finally write my work according to a certain structure.
To tell the truth, the thought to order the ready satire essay from professional writers has crossed my mind because this kind of task seemed to be the most difficult one in my life. I had neither time nor the knowledge about its distinctive features. However, I decided not to email custom writers and take this challenge on my own as I didn't get used to giving up. Now, I am here sharing my personal satire writing experience with everyone who is just going to deal with this kind of the written task.
A Complete Guide on How to Write a Satire Essay
Before I got started with my essay, I have checked a large number of funny satire essay examples belonging to different categories. While reading, it seemed to me that I would cope with this assignment easily. However, I was mistaken. In general, essay structure looked like the one other essays have but at the same time, I understood that this kind of paper has its own distinctive features and peculiarities. I had to check a lot of guides on how to write a satire essay before I got started with mine.
All of them said that it's very important to find interesting controversial satire essy topics about some political, cultural, social issues. Usually knowing language on a good level is very helpful so it is better to attend English Courses if you don't have enough knowledge. Due to the fact that I didn't know much about the two last spheres, I decided to write about the famous Donald Trump. You will be able to check my piece of writing later. Before you look at the satire paper itself, you should have a clear picture of how your paper must look like in terms of structural elements.
I would like to share my personal experience in structuring the satire paper in accordance with the required instructions given by my school teacher. Now, I am going to tell you how to write a satire essay the right way.
- An Introduction I think that all of you know that the first steps you should take are to think of a killer title, which I had to change for several times after having finished and to write an introduction. I've understood that if you want to attract the reader's attention, you need to start either with the intriguing question that your reader would like to answer, or some figures.
For example, if you are going to craft an essay about the well-known politician, - find some interesting facts about his/her life and career, start your work with some shocking information. Don't forget to include a powerful thesis statement at the end of your introduction.
Write just 1-2 sentences keeping in mind that they must be informative and strong, expressing the main idea, and explaining to the reader what you are going to discuss in your work. I had to rewrite my introduction 3 or 5 times until I made it perfect. Every time when rereading I tried to imagine that I was a reader. This trick will help you to understand how the paper beginning sounds, whether it is able to hook or not.
- The Main Body The process of writing the main body took me much time - a day or two if to be exact. This is due to the fact that this is a part where you are expected to provide all information on the chosen subject.
First, I had to find all the relevant materials and select those which could add some value to my paper. I used a lot of different information sources, including the Internet, published and electronic books online, magazine articles, blog posts, and a lot of various publications. I have checked every place where I could find something about Trump.
I chose interesting pieces of information, gathered them like a puzzle, made sure that the main part of my essay was creative, original, and logical. Remember that it is better to stick to the 5-6 paragraph structure, which means that the main body will take the major part of your work-3-4 paragraphs. Use thematic essay examples while writing your task.
The exact volume will depend on the number of facts you are going to use in your paper. The most difficult thing is to present the facts so that the reader feels where exactly you have used exaggerations, hyperbole, and another language device to poke fun.
- The Conclusion As any other kind of academic paper, a satire essay should end with the brief conclusion. I wrote a short summary of all the ideas that I have included in the main body, and then added a couple of sentences explaining the reader my point of view and the reasons why I consider my work valuable for the today's generation. Can't come up with a thought-provoking conclusion? Rely on StudyCrumb's essay conclusion generator and get a nice ending made in seconds.
Check Good Satire Essay Examples Before You Get Started
Have you wanted to see my satire essay? Here, you are! Have a closer look at the piece of writing I have submitted and got an A-grade!
The eccentric billionaire has become a symbol of anti-establishment sentiments that have swept the United States in the recent years. Having crushed the orderly number of forecasts of numerous experts, and the results of opinion polls, a candidate from the Republican Party Donald Trump won the presidential elections in the United States. The man who promised to "drain the Washington swamp" won. But will the hopes of his supporters be justified, when Trump as the 45th president of America will take decisions in the White House?
While the United States was counting votes in the presidential election, and the scales were becoming more confident in favor of Donald Trump, the website of the state migration service in neighboring Canada was working intermittently. These disruptions seem to have arisen from the fact that many Americans have decided to examine the conditions of moving to the land of the maple leaf. The number of requests in Google about how to move to Canada, also sharply increased.
According to one of the pre-election polls, 28% of Americans considered the option of leaving for Canada in the event of Trump's victory. They said that the US residents had a threat to go to Canadians - this is almost traditional national fun for the presidential elections. But it is unlikely that this "fun" was so serious before. Several American celebrities - from B. Streisand and Cher to Samuel L. Jackson and Whoopi Goldberg – threatened that if Trump would become their President, they would "choose freedom": go to Spain, to South Africa, or to Jupiter.
In the information battles of the pre-election race against Donald Trump heavy artillery was used. The main caliber was hit in two directions. First: Trump is a misogynist and a womanizer. Second: Trump is a puppet of the Kremlin. Donald Trump himself played along with his critics on the "Russian" direction saying "I think I will get along well with Vladimir Putin. I just think so”. Trump shared his thoughts when he announced his intention to become a president. A few months later, he said that if he would be elected, it is unlikely that there will be problems in relations with Russia.
Trump gratefully accepted the praise addressed to him by Putin: "It's always an honor to be praised by a man so respected in his own country and abroad. I always believed that together, Russia and the United States could defeat terrorism and restore peace. We could also trade with each other, not to mention other benefits." The businessman and showman, producer and politician are 4 in 1 and all these personalities are in one "great and terrible person" Trump. The showman, perhaps, is the key word in this series.
Donald for many years was an active organizer of the Miss USA competitions. His cameo can be seen in several movies and television series. Trump entered the history of the American show business as the host and co-producer of the reality show The Apprentice on the NBC channel. So, after the Hollywood actor Ronald Reagan, a TV star appeared in the White House. Trump is a one hundred percent challenge to the system, which it must respond to in order to get out of the current state, where Trump appeared.
Want a similar satire paper? Contact StudyCrumb and get professional writing help from experts.
Top-20 A-Grade Satire Essay Topics for You to Choose From
- The smartest human of all the times.
- Childish labor helps businesses to flourish.
- D. Trump is the most famous President who is free in his self-expression.
- H. Clinton always takes right decisions.
- Trump and Putin have “friendly” relationships.
- Are the US citizens happy with the President selection?
- Comment on cultural differences and their influence on relationships between students.
- Media: the best invention or the worst thing ever?
- Today, people learn about their lives from the morning newspapers.
- All harmful things have a great taste.
- The best president in the US history.
- Doing nothing is fashionable today.
- A robot works better than real people.
- Politicians and comedians have much in common.
- Money values in the modern society.
- Fast food – fast weight.
- Satire in English literature.
- A family business is the worst thing that may happen to the family members.
- Living alone is much better than with anyone else.
- Boring teacher-bored students.
Choose one of the above-mentioned satire essay topics, follow the tips for writing a satire essay, and I guarantee that you’ll get a high score! Never give up and treat the satire essay assignment as a fun thing to do demonstrating your unique sense of humor! Good luck!